8 Tips on Getting Super-focused
We are nearing the end of the first quarter. Hopefully you are on track, and working toward your business goals for the year.
But if not, this is the perfect time to recalibrate, to step back and assess where you have fallen short, and what you can do to get back in the game. After all, you still have nine months left to meet your objectives.
In the spirit of recalibration, we thought this might be a good time to review some tips for helping you to improve your focus. It’s never been more challenging to stay focused, as we are assaulted by 24-hour news cycles, endless social media alerts and the reality of negotiating life amid a pandemic (albeit a pandemic for which we are beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel).
Some of us are naturally-wired to stay focused, regardless of the circumstances. Others, not so much. If you happen to be in the latter camp, here are a few tips on how you can improve your focus as you enter the spring market:
- Get plenty of sleep: You might think you’re one of those people who can thrive on a few hours of sleep, but science tells us otherwise. A good night’s sleep improves your immune system, fortifies your memory, helps keep the weight off and keeps your mind clear.
- Organize your work area: Study after study confirms that a cluttered workspace restricts your brain’s capacity to focus and process information. A messy desk can be distracting, and even produce guilt, shame and anger.
- Be clear on your commitment: The facts are irrefutable-top performing real estate agents are committed to active, and daily, prospecting. It might help your clarity to have a dream board near your un-cluttered desk as a reminder of what’s important to you. And time to review your short, and long-term business plan.
- Eliminate distractions during prospecting time: Once you’ve recommitted to prospecting as your path to success, make sure you have a Do Not Disturb sign on your office door during your prospecting hours. Turn off your computer, turn off your phone and get to it.
- Use your tools: If you’re using Vulcan 7 on a daily basis, you may move on to #6. If you’re only using Vulcan 7 occasionally, or don’t have a proven CRM like Vulcan 7, you’re missing an opportunity to drive your business. Vulcan 7 is designed to make your prospecting life simpler, and more fruitful.
- Learn time management skills: If you have a to-do list, prioritize your tasks, and assign a time to complete each. Discipline yourself to stay focused on those tasks that are most important to achieving your goals.
- Exercise regularly: Exercise is the simplest way to improve concentration, motivation, memory and mood. Physical activity immediately boosts your brain’s dopamine levels, which affects focus and attention. In fact, you can now find mini-workouts of less than 10 minutes that you can do throughout the day to keep your blood pumping.
- Set your mind on progress, not perfection: It’s easy to get discouraged, and to feel overwhelmed, if you’re falling short of our goals. Set your focus on making small gains each day, and build from there. Embrace failure as part of your journey to success.
Spring is here, the economy is strong and COVID is in retreat. It’s the perfect time to clear your head of the winter doldrums, and get focused on the task at hand-making 2021 your best year ever.
Real Estate Prospecting with Video Email
One of the residual impacts of the pandemic is America’s…Read More
Win with Real Estate Prospecting Scripts
One of the most daunting aspects of real estate lead…Read More