Top-performing real estate agents tend to share one important characteristic: they are PRODUCTION-MINDED!
They know they can’t afford to step away from production-based activities, such as:
- Lead generation
- Lead follow up
- Handling objections
Production-minded agents know that transactions and revenue will continue to flow if they are in a lead-generating mindset. They’re almost programmed to keep their new business pipeline full, to overflowing. In fact, most top performers spend anywhere from 70-80% of their time each year (day, week, month) on the aforementioned production activities.
Or, perhaps we should call them by their more motivating name: MONEY-MAKING activities.
Here are a few tips you can embrace if you want to shift your mentality to one that is production-minded:
- SET HIGH STANDARDS FOR YOURSELF. At any given time, top producers know where they are relative to their goals. They know it’s critical to always be tracking their numbers. If their results aren’t where they want them to be, they move into “why” mode to figure out what needs to be changed to get back on course. They don’t hesitate to look in the mirror if their numbers aren’t tracking as expected. Then, make adjustments midstream to get back on track.
- EMBRACE OUR BUSINESS AS A “CONTACT SPORT.” They keep calling in order to “offer their services” as many times as possible each day. Note the purposeful use of words in the previous sentence. Top performers see themselves from a consultative, or “service” perspective. Above all, top agents know that they need to go after business, and never wait for it to come to them.
- STICK TO A ROUTINE. Top performers commit to a schedule of daily lead generation. Without fail. They know that honoring their daily prospecting schedule is the best, most proven, way to keep their pipeline full.
- FOCUS ON THE MORNING. Why? Because working the phones in the morning is the best time to connect with new expireds before other agents. And no matter how long you’ve been in this business, you know that newly expired listings represent the lowest-hanging fruit on the tree of prospecting success.
- MINIMIZE DISTRACTIONS. It is very easy these days to allow distractions to take over any well-intended schedule. The key to managing distractions is to practice discipline in everything you do.
- HOLD YOURSELF ACCOUNTABLE. Top performers are likely to have accountability partners: coaches, role-players, mastermind groups. Of course, they need to be accountable to themselves, as well. Whatever the mix, always remember that accountability often translates to continued success.
Did you make your goals in 2021? Are you earning the kind of revenue you think you deserve? If not, maybe you need to take a fresh look at your “operating philosophy.”
If you’re not spending 70-80% of your time on production (money)-focused activities, you need to take a hard look at your priorities? Where are you putting your focus?
If you’re mired in administrative (especially transactional) detail, maybe you need to hire a part-time admin to handle those details, freeing you up to earn the money you were meant to earn.
For 2022, THINK PRODUCTION, and have the best year of your career.