We close our November theme on accountability by focusing on the importance of mindset to your lead generation efforts.
Indeed, top real estate sellers hold themselves accountable to a “success mindset” to drive their lead generation (and revenue producing) efforts. Let’s take a look at five ways in which top producers use mindset to WIN:
- Top producers operate at high levels of “successful energy.” We often discount the importance of emotional energy-not just positive energy, but something more. Great real estate agents have that quality that attracts others-buyers or sellers. They approach lead-generation with anticipation, not anxiety. Indeed, people want to do business with people who excite and energize them-who project the sense that anything is possible. Remember: enthusiasm is contagious and can play an important role in differetiating you from the rest of the pack.
- Top producers understand “the why.” Organizational psychologist Simon Sinek, in an iconic Ted Talk, discussed how great leaders understand the “why” behind their product or service or cause. The same principle applies to high performing real estate agents. They approach lead generation understanding why they do what they do and how it will genuinely impact the lives of their clients. Or, put another way, more than just closing deals, they. know they are making dreams come true.
- Top producers focus on solutions. Customers are looking for solutions, which means great sellers much always be asking: how can I help? In real estate, with so much on the line for sellers, the best agents stay in the mindset of “what can I do to make this an amazing experience for my client?”
- Top producers are disciplined. Discipline touches every aspect of your business, from being on time to an appointment to how you attack daily prospecting. For the most part, every day should be structured the same way. Stick to this structure. And by all means, make sure you deliver on every promise.
- Top producers focus on what they can control. Great real estate agents have control over two variables: their attitude and the amount of effort they expend through their work. But sometimes that’s not enough. A critical aspect of success is knowing how to respond when things get rocky. How do you bounce back from losing the deal you thought was a lock? The ability to shake off disappointment separates the good from the great real estate sellers.
One of the keys to becoming a top-tier agent is mastering the art of lead generation. But it doesn’t happen naturally. Lead generation success begins with holding yourself accountable to the right mindset. Do you have the right mindset?