Power of Video Marketing
Like just about every other industry, real estate is moving into the video age. Virtual home tours have become the norm on most websites. Facebook Live has turned the average person into the average person with the ability to impose his or her face into your newsfeed. And video email through subscription services like StoryTellr is changing the way agents engage with prospects.
But, the reality is, only a handful of agents are dipping their toes into the video pool. Most shy away because the idea of seeing their mug on screen is enough to provoke an anxiety attack.
Over the next few weeks, we will explore the power of video to transform your personal branding efforts. In today’s post, we’ll share some video statistics that should prompt you to take notice if you haven’t already ventured into the video arena:
- YouTube has surpassed one billion users, representing nearly one-third of all internet users.
- 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube video per year
- More than 8 out of 10 businesses use video content as part of their marketing strategy
- More than 35% of online activity is spent watching video
- 50%+ of video content is viewed on a mobile device
- 9 out of 10 video users share their videos
- More than half of all marketers that use video say it delivers the best ROI of all tactics
- Companies that use video grow revenues 49% faster than non-video businesses
- Social video delivers more than 1200% more sharing that text and images
- Videos up to 2 minutes long get the most engagement
- 85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound
- Video on a landing page increases conversions by more than 80%
- Native video on Facebook has 10 times more engagement than videos linked from YouTube
- 46% of users act after seeing a video
- A video sent via email can increase click-through rates by 95%
- Blog posts with video get 3X as many inbound links than a text-only blog post
- Viewers retain 95% of content from a video as opposed to 10% retention of text
- Video will account for more than 90% of all internet traffic by the end of this decade
- The average user spends more than 80% more time on a website with video
If you’re not convinced about the power of video, stay tuned for more video info in future posts