If You Think You Can, You Can
As a listing agent, a strong mindset is one of your most important assets. Mindset is critical to daily productivity and long term success.
Mike Ferry, industry veteran and highly successful real estate coach since 1975, sums it up: “Mindset is key. If you think you can, you can. If you think you can’t, you don’t.”
Are you firm in your belief that you can be a great listing agent? Here are suggestions for strengthening your belief in yourself and your capabilities:
- Examine your attitude and self-talk. Do you believe you can do a better job than the expired’s previous listing agent and the FSBO on their own? Learn your market, continually build market knowledge, and you will earn their business.
- Build additional confidence with skill development and daily practice of your real estate scripts and presentations. Confidence comes from knowledge in what you are presenting. Role play partners can help you take your skills to the next level.
- With high rejection comes the potential for high reward. Don’t let someone else’s “no” slow you down. Think about the homeowners who appreciate what you do, and call one when you need a boost. There is power in the word “next”. As successful listing agent Kevin Mejia shared on a Vulcan7 RoadMap program: “Some do, some don’t, so what, move on!”
- Set and honor your goals for prospecting hours, daily contacts, and appointments set. Do your job to the best of your ability everyday. Choose to prioritize income generating activities over distractions. There are home sellers who need help, and your job is to find them.
- Review positive affirmations to be mentally prepared to set appointments and win listings. “The phone makes me money!” “I achieve all my goals through prospecting!”
- Fill your mind with motivation and positivity daily. There are abundant lessons and inspiration in the successes of others. Choose books, presentations, and videos with winning mindsets. Surround yourself with like-minded, ambitious agents. Take52 and Monday Morning Pre-Game are invaluable communities for this.
🔥 Learn More About Our Monday Morning PreGame Show
This two minute video featuring agent Ryan Dallas, #1 for homes sold in his market, shares his insight. Ryan believes “you’re the sum of the five people you hang out with, so pick them wisely”. Here is more on Ryan’s “refuse to lose” mindset:
“If you think you can, you can!” Keep stretching and learning — your belief in yourself will continue to grow as you win listings and exceed your goals.
The Benefits of Artificial Intelligence in Real Estate
How Artificial Intelligence in Real Estate is Changing the Game…Read More
Mindset and Real Estate Prospecting
“Mindset is what makes or breaks you,” says Justin Ford,…Read More
Use Vulcan 7 to Connect with More Sellers
“80% of success is showing up,” says West Palm Beach…Read More