Ten Steps to Real Estate Success
If this headline grabbed your attention, you are likely in one of the following groups:
- You’re thinking of entering real estate as a new career.
- You are fairly new to real estate.
- You’re a real estate veteran but falling short of your expectations.
Regardless of where you land, consider today, and this blog post, as STEP 1 on your journey to real estate success.
But let’s start with a reality check. Real estate is a very difficult business. The vast majority of real estate agents are barely getting by. No reason to sugarcoat things.
The flip side is that real estate allows you to make an AMAZING AMOUNT OF MONEY while enjoying a fair amount of freedom and independence.
So, are you ready? Here are ten tips on how to become a successful real estate agent.
- BE A LISTING AGENT. There’s an old saying that “buyers take time, listings take skill.” The top earners in our industry are nearly ALL listing agents. It’s the fastest, easiest way to generate revenue, hands down.
- EMBRACE REJECTION. To be a listing agent is to call leads every day, and to call leads every day is to experience constant rejection. Great agents use rejection as a game. They know that many rejections mean they make lots of calls, which eventually translates into lots of money.
- INVEST IN A CRM SYSTEM. Let’s use VULCAN7 as an example (OK, we’re biased). With Vulcan7 you get daily expired, and FSBO leads. But the dialer helps you make a ton more calls than you would be dialing one at a time. More calls=more rejections=lots more money.
- KNOW YOUR NUMBERS. Write a business plan, and always know your numbers. How many calls do you need to make each day to get the number of listing appointments you need to get the listings you want? It’s all about the numbers.
- FIND AN ACCOUNTABILITY PARTNER. Could be a coach, or it could be a peer. Either way, it’s crucial to have someone with whom you share your goals and are accountable for reaching those goals (daily, weekly, monthly).
- MEMORIZE AND INTERNALIZE YOUR REAL ESTATE SCRIPTS. Success in real estate starts with your ability to handle (countless) objections from homeowners. And the best way to handle objections is to get comfortable with your scripts (especially your Vulcan7 scripts).
- ROLEPLAY. Find a partner to role-play your scripts every morning. Role-playing is a great way to get your head into the game and prepare yourself for handling objections.
- STICK TO A ROUTINE. Every day should look the same. Get up at the same time, role-play the same time, and start calling simultaneously.
- TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. Get plenty of rest, eat healthy, work out, meditate, and play with your kids. It takes lots of energy to do the things above. That’s why you NEED to have balance in your life. You need to do things that energize you to move through your day.
- CELEBRATE YOUR VICTORIES. Reward yourself, even for the smallest accomplishments, like meeting your daily call goal. We need positive reinforcement to remind us that what we’re doing works and is rewarding.
These are the ten basics for becoming a successful real estate agent. Check out our BLOG for more detailed versions of the tips above.
And CONTACT US if you’d like to learn more about how Vulcan7 can help you in your quest to become a successful real estate agent.
YOU CAN DO THIS!!
In this post, we review a few essential strategies to…Read More